Minnesota Real Estate – 6 Tips to Help You Sell Your Home for a Great Price
Search MN Homes In the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area, real estate prices, especially home prices, are on the rise. While typical selling prices for homes throughout the area haven’t reached the peak prices of 2006-7, they’re increasing steadily. If it’s time for you to put your home or other residential property on the market, you’ll want to realize its maximum market value when it is sold. The seasoned, professional Realtors and agents with our Minnesota REMAX Realty team work with every property owner who lists a home or other property with us to maximize the selling price of that property. As members of the Northstar MLS of Minnesota, we’ll list your home on the MN MLS and actively market it on our websites and in other ways to help you find a qualified buyer. We’ll also help you understand how to increase the selling price. Here are some of the ways we suggest increase the market value of any home and assure a quick sale at the best possible price.
- Set an Accurate Listing Price – The closer your listing price is to the actual current market value of your property, the more likely it is that it will sell at market value. Listing prices that are too high may result in no offers at all, while a listing price that is too low gets you off on the wrong foot from the start. Your MN REMAX team’s listing agent will do comprehensive market research to help you determine the actual, realistic market value for your property. Then, we’ll use all of our expertise and experience to find the right buyer.
- Create Awesome Curb Appeal – Today’s homebuyers actively use online property listings search tools on the Internet when they begin their home search. Often, they drive by homes they’re considering before even contacting a Realtor. They also attend open houses in the community where they are looking for homes to buy. If your home for sale looks great from the street, it will attract potential buyers. Spruce up your landscaping and make your home’s front view as appealing as possible, and you’ll show your home to more potential buyers. Our REMAX agents will give you suggestions to add curb appeal.
- Correct Appearance Deficiencies – No home is perfect in appearance, but prospective buyers are quick to notice flaws. Both inside and outside your home, you can clean up, paint, repair, and upgrade your home to minimize appearance issues. After evaluating your home, your listing agent will give you suggestions for affordable ways to make your home look its best and appeal to potential homebuyers. If you need to hire someone to take care of these issues, ask your listing agent for trusted third-party vendor recommendations.
- Consider Making Upgrades – In many cases, the value of your home can be increased by upgrades. Adding an egress window to the basement, for example, increases the living space in your home. Replacing outdated fixtures and finishes can increase your home’s value more than the upgrade costs. Ask your listing agent from our top-rated REMAX Team in Minnesota for recommendations for cost-effective upgrades that improve marketability and increase your selling price. Do the math and make upgrade decisions that work best for you.
- A Clean Home Is a Home that Sells – Inside and outside your home, cleanliness is a great selling point. Power washing your home’s exterior, along with porches and walks can add to your selling price. Indoors, cleaning carpets, windows and walls, along with eliminating odors and stains should be high priority tasks. A fresh coat of paint, too, helps give your home that well-scrubbed, sparkling look that convinces homebuyers to make an offer. Your agent will help you identify areas that will benefit from a thorough clean up.
- Prepare Your Home for Showings – When prospective buyers come to your home for a showing, they are looking at your home’s potential to be their next home. Before the initial showing, de-cluttering the home and minimizing the amount of personal effects helps them to see the home as theirs instead of yours. Pack up and store belongings in preparation for your move, and stage the home in a way that lets the potential buyers visualize the home’s potential. Less is definitely more when it comes to presenting your home to buyers. Rely on your experienced REMAX agent with our Team to guide you in preparing for showings.
Maximize Your Home Selling Price in Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
When your home goes on the market, the price it sells for is dependent on a number of factors. Along with the tips above, choosing the right Real Estate Broker and Realtor to list and market your home can make a big difference. At our results-oriented REMAX Realty team in the Minneapolis St. Paul area, our proven history and talented agents, along with our proven marketing system, can help you maximize your selling price. When you list your home with us, we immediately go to work on the job of selling your home at its best market value. We will work with you to find qualified, motivated buyers for your home and to assure you of a timely sale and closing at the best possible price. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your home. We’ll show you how we can help throughout the process, from initial listing to a successful closing.