Top 6 Advantages of Buying a Condo or Loft
Beginning in the 1980s, Minneapolis St. Paul metro area homebuyers began looking for new alternatives to the traditional single-family home. Buying a condominium has become a more and more popular choice. Young buyers looking for their first home and people seeking a place for their retirement are choosing this worry-free home ownership.
Nadya Hoppe – Nadya has lived in Minnesota for over 11 years and has fallen in love with the state. Her passion for helping others has never wavered. As your Realtor, Nadya will utilize everything she has learned from her previous experiences. She continues to learn about life and people to help you find the perfect home to fit your lifestyle. Best of all, she does so in a way in which you will know that you are supported and cared for. Phone 952-564-1564
As a leader in Minnesota real estate services, the Realtors and agents with our top-rated REMAX Realty team have seen that trend grow each year. Today, the wide variety of condominium and loft properties in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area provides opportunities for homebuyers. Here are some of the top advantages of choosing a loft, condominium or townhome as your next home:
- Convenience and Comfort – Condominium and loft developments throughout the Twin Cities metro area can be found close to the amenities that make the Minneapolis St. Paul area so attractive as a place to live. The advantages of living close to cultural, sports, recreational and dining venues is a powerful attraction for many buyers.
- Reduced Home Maintenance Chores – When you buy a condominium or loft, you’re buying the interior space in which you live, along with a share of the buildings and grounds. You’re responsible for the inside, but your association fees pay for maintenance of the exterior of your home and the grounds and facilities. Freedom from exterior maintenance, lawn care and snow removal gives you more time to enjoy your life.
- Live Near Where You Work – For younger buyers, living within walking distance of work or having fast access to public transit to get to work is a popular reason to purchase a condominium home. In Minneapolis and St. Paul and in the larger suburbs, developers have created condominium and loft projects near major corporate headquarters and other places of employment. Many homebuyers choose their homes to avoid lengthy commutes that take up too much of their free time.
- Downsizing Your Lifestyle – For many homeowners who have raised their families and have seen them go off to build their own careers and families, their current homes are often larger than they need. Downsizing is a popular way to benefit from the equity in their home and purchase a smaller home that requires less maintenance and provides better access to activities and amenities that suit their new lifestyle and available time.
- Opportunities for Entertainment and Lifestyle Choices – Condominium and loft developments in the lively, active downtown areas are especially popular with younger buyers. Immediate access to entertainment and sports venues, along with opportunities to enjoy the dining and nightclub activities nearby appeal strongly to this group of homebuyers. Luxurious appointments, amenities like swimming pools and more, and social opportunities also play a role in home buying decisions for many homebuyers.
- Investment in Real Estate Ownership – Buying a condominium is an equity-building opportunity that helps you build wealth. Instead of renting an apartment or single-family home, purchasing a condominium at a great price is an investment for the future. With condominiums and lofts available in a wide range of sizes and configurations, buying is an attractive opportunity for everyone to invest in real estate while enjoying the many benefits of home ownership.
Award-Winning REMAX Realty Team – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Whatever demographic group you’re in, buying a condominium, townhome or loft could be your best choice in Twin Cities living. If you’re a first-time homebuyer or someone looking for a new, smaller home for your retirement years, there are condominium properties designed just for you throughout the Minneapolis St. Paul Metro area. The experienced REMAX Realtors and agents with our team have intimate knowledge of condominium, loft, and townhome properties, and will be happy to assist you in locating and purchasing a home that meets your exact criteria anywhere in the Twin Cities metro area.