Real Estate Buying Process – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Every real estate transaction is complex. Along the road to a successful purchase of any home listed by Northstar MN MLS, situations can develop that cause the sale to fall apart. Even worse, problems with a home that were missed before the closing date can plague homebuyers for years. It’s no wonder that buying a home is one of the most stressful events in most people’s lives.
Nick Selly – Nick is from Belle Plaine, MN and now currently resides in Prior Lake. He graduated from Winona State University in 03 with a degree in Exercise Science. As a 17 year vet in the fitness industry and currently working as a Personal Trainer/Coach, Nick thrives in helping others achieve fitness goals never thought possible through creative workout plans and better eating habits. In the midst of a pandemic, Nick became a proud new home owner and aggressively pursued a career in Real Estate. “Working with the Walgrave team made the whole process easy. I didn’t realize how emotional and exciting the whole process would be. I would love the opportunity to help guide people through the process the same way Jason and his team did with me!” Whether it’s getting into the best shape of your life or in search of your ultimate dream home the process is the same. Through the mantra “Don’t wish for it, Work for it” Nick would love to help you on your journey and make that dream home a reality. Starting the process is what stops most people, let Nick help with your journey today! Phone 952-200-13975
At our top REMAX Realty team, we’ve assisted countless homebuyers with their transactions, and have helped them avoid problems. Our experienced, creative, and professional Realtors and agents have extensive insights into the problems that can arise in any real estate transaction, and are always working to help eliminate those problems. Each transaction is unique, but some of the advice we often give our home buying clients include these tips:
- Know Your Credit Status – Credit issues for homebuyers are often a source of concern and credit problems can create obstacles to home ownership. Today, it’s easy for buyers to get their own credit reports and scores. Credit reports can be obtained at no charge, once a year, from the three major credit reporting agencies. FICO credit scores are also available at no charge from several sources. The wise homebuyer will check credit reports and FICO scores before even beginning a search for a home to buy.
- Get Pre-Approval from a Lender – With your credit information in hand, you can begin the process of getting pre-approved for a mortgage. A pre-approval from a lender is a powerful tool in getting offers accepted by sellers. You’ll know how much you can borrow, at what interest rate from that lender. While not a guarantee that you’ll get the loan, it’s solid information about your qualifications for that loan.
- Choose an Experienced Agent – An experienced professional Realtor or real estate agent associated with a major real estate broker can be the homebuyer’s best ally. Choosing and engaging a buyer’s agent is an important step in a trouble-free transaction.
- Find Properties Matching Your Needs – Today, it’s easy to look for real estate in the Twin Cities metro area. Our property search tools to homebuyers to help them find and preview homes listed by Participants of the Northstar MLS of Minnesota. Our agents are members of Northstar MLS, and we are happy to help you with all of your real estate searching needs.
- Arrange Showings – Our experienced agents will be happy to show you homes anywhere in the Twin Cities. We’ll take all the time you need, and show you as many MLS listed homes as necessary to help you find your ideal home. In the process, we’ll point out the features of each home, along with helping you identify any problems.
- Make an Offer – Once you find an MN MLS listing that matches your goals, your buyer’s agent will help you evaluate your offer for the home. This can be a complex decision, and your agent will help you understand all elements of your decision.
- The Home Inspection – An essential element for every home purchase should be an inspection by a professional home inspector. The buyer pays for this inspection, and the inspection can be great learning opportunity for the buyer. In most cases, you’ll be able to accompany the inspector, who will point out issues to you. After the inspection, you’ll receive a detailed report from the inspector. Making the home purchase contingent on a satisfactory inspection is a choice you should make. If deficiencies are found, they can be negotiated with the seller. Deficiencies should be corrected or the selling price should be reduced.
- Communications Are Essential – Once your offer to an MN MLS listing is accepted, you’ll pay earnest money, a small percentage of the price of the home, which is held in escrow until the closing of the transaction. During that escrow process, you’ll work with your lender to finalize the mortgage, and a title search will be done to make sure the title is clear. Any issues that arise need to be taken care of promptly to avoid delays in the closing date. You will be asked by your lender for a seemingly endless list of documents during the loan approval process. Patience will be a real virtue.
- Getting to the Closing – As the closing date approaches, the amount of communication will increase. A smooth closing is always everyone’s goal. There will be disclosures to read, closing fees to finalize, and many more details. This is one place where your buyer’s agent is invaluable in explaining all the details and helping to resolve any issues.
- Attention to Details – Most problems that can ruin a real estate transaction can be eliminated by proper planning and attention to the details of the transaction. By anticipating and dealing with issues that develop through the searches and eventual transaction, your agent’s skills, creativity and experience will help keep your transaction on track and moving toward a successful, on-time closing.
Helping Real Estate Buyers in Minneapolis St. Paul
While the complexities of real estate transactions can be confusing to buyers and sellers alike, they’re all in a day’s work for our professional REMAX Realtors and agents. They understand every element of your transaction and will apply their knowledge, experience, and training to creatively help solve any problems that may develop during the process. Throughout every transaction, their communications with you will be frequent and your agent will always be ready to answer your questions, explain complex issues, and move the transaction steadily toward the closing date.
Helping homebuyers initially browse real estate listed with Participants of the Northstar MLS Minnesota, and then taking them through the process of buying and closing the home of their dreams is our constant goal of our REMAX agents. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to begin your journey to a new home soon.