7 Home Improvements for Selling Home FAST
For many homeowners who are about to put their home on the market in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area, improving the appearance and salability is a great way to ensure a fast sale at a great price. However long you have lived in the home, you’ve probably gotten used to its minor deficiencies. That’s only natural, but when potential buyers come to your home for a showing, they’re looking at it with fresh eyes, and are quick to notice any issues. If there are too many problems, they’re likely to look elsewhere, since most buyers aren’t looking for a fixer-upper home.
Jaelynn Maki – Jaelynn grew up in Farmington and acquired her BS in Business Administration and Marketing Communications from the University of Wisconsin – River Falls. After a number of years in Sales and Advertising, Jaelynn took on a position on the team. She has been with The Minnesota Real Estate Team since 2005. As the Client, Lead, and Transaction Coordinator, Jaelynn enjoys communicating with clients and agents to help make all team operations go smoothly. Jaelynn is also the initial contact for clients that contact us through our websites and radio shows. Jaelynn will certainly put you in touch with an experienced agent on the team, according to your specific real estate needs and goals. Phone 952-649-1456
Here are 7 of the best, most cost-effective improvements you can make to give your home for sale the winning edge.
- Upgrade your Entrances – First impressions are often the most lasting impressions. If your entry doors and surrounding areas aren’t looking their best, they will be one of the first things a prospective buyer will notice. Replacing a sad-looking door and trim with a brand-new door and fresh hardware is a quick, affordable way to spruce up your home’s entrance. Or just paint the door and trim and replace old hardware if the door is sound.
- Give the Outdoors a Facelift – Since the first thing a prospective buyer who visits your home for sale sees is the front of your house and your front yard, take a close look at your landscaping, lawn, and plantings. Correct any deficiencies here, and replace overgrown or dying plants, add some colorful flower plantings and clean everything up for a fresh look. It’s not expensive, but can make a big difference in the first impression your home makes on homebuyers.
- Check Your Garage Door – You can be sure any potential buyer who visits your home is going to have a look at the garage, and it’s part of the front view of most homes. If the door is looking shabby, taking care of that with a paint job or a brand new door can dress up your street view dramatically. Make sure, too, that your automatic garage door opener works smoothly and quietly. A small investment here can pay big dividends.
- Update Your Kitchen & Baths – A complete kitchen or bathroom remodeling is usually not necessary and is costly. However, both rooms get a lot of attention from homebuyers and are often major factors in a home buying decision. Take a close look at appliances, fixtures, cabinets and flooring. You can quickly freshen up a kitchen or bath by painting walls and cabinets, installing new hardware and a laminate floor. Installing new countertops or replacing an unattractive appliance or fixture can add pizzazz to your kitchen or bath affordably.
- Check Windows & Siding – At the very least, thoroughly clean all exterior windows and give the outside of your home a bath. Most homeowners can’t believe the difference when the cleaning crew leaves. If windows are in poor shape or siding is in poor condition, consider replacements. You can recover as much as 80% of the cost of such upgrades and assure yourself of a faster sale.
- Check Your Basement – Odds are that a complete basement remodeling or finishing an unfinished basement are not in the cards. However, if your basement is already finished, but doesn’t have a legal egress window, installing one can increase the value of your home dramatically at a reasonable cost. If the basement is unfinished, consider creating a large finished area in the basement, suitable for entertaining or relaxation.
- Take Care of the Worst Things First – From painting and floor coverings to repairs and cleaning, put your money to work on the most glaring deficiencies first. Let your listing agent from our REMAX Realty team in Minnesota guide you in choosing the most effective projects to make your home more salable and you’ll get it sold faster and at a better price.
Helping Sellers Achieve Their Goals – Twin Cities, MN
As the Minnesota leader in home sales, our REMAX Realty team has the experience, and creativity to help you make upgrade and remodeling decisions that will help your home meet the expectations of prospective buyers. Your REMAX team listing agent will help you evaluate your home and give you great ideas that will help your home sell quickly and at the best possible price when you list your home with us. We’ll use our powerful real estate marketing strategies and technology to help get you the results you are looking for.