6 Tips to Sell Your Home for a Great Price
In the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area, real estate prices, especially home prices, are on the rise. While typical selling prices for homes throughout the area haven’t reached the peak prices of 2006-7, they’re increasing steadily. If it’s time for you to put your home, you’ll want to realize its maximum market value. The seasoned, professional Realtors and agents with our Minnesota REMAX Realty team work with every property owner who lists a home with us to maximize the selling price.
Suzanne Joy – Suzanne Joy was born and raised in the Twin City area. Her mother was a realtor in St. Paul and was awarded the Top Selling Agent for many years. After her father retired from 3M with his doctorate in Chemistry, he joined her mother, and they worked as a team for 15 years at Edina Realty. After Suzanne graduated from college, she raised her family in La Crosse, WI. She is a proud mother of three beautiful children, their spouses, and her three beautiful grandchildren. She has owned many businesses and has spent her recent years owning Front Porch Photography, where she demonstrates her talents as a photographer. For 20 years, she has captured the moments of children, weddings, sporting events, families, and high school senior photos. She understands people and knows how to communicate effectively and honestly with others. Her clients always knew that their wants and desires were Suzanne’s top priority. As an empty nester, she moved back to her home and established her roots in Minneapolis. Recently, she fulfilled her dream and wrote her first book, “It’s Time.” When she isn’t helping others fulfill their dreams, she spends time at her cabin in the north woods with her family and friends. Suzanne adores humanity, cares about what makes each person unique, and loves to know what brings them joy. She gets chills when she can help people fulfill their dreams. Many of her clients become friends, and they continue to connect long after the documents are signed. She looks for beauty in all things and wants to help you find your home. She has always believed that a house is a building, but a home is a feeling. You can expect the best, and that’s what you’ll get from her. A home is a place for love, retreat, celebration, and timeless memories. Your job is to tell her what you want, and her job is to find your dream, all while finding more Joy. Phone 612-368-6171
As members of the Northstar MLS of Minnesota, we’ll list your home on the MN MLS and actively market it. We’ll also help you understand how to increase the selling price.
- Set an Accurate Listing Price – The closer your listing price is to the actual current market value of your property, the more likely it will sell at market value. Listing prices that are too high may result in no offers at all, while a listing price that is too low gets you off on the wrong foot.
- Create Awesome Curb Appeal – Today’s buyers often drive by homes they’re considering before even contacting a Realtor. They also attend open houses in the community where they are looking for homes to buy. If your home for sale looks great from the street, it will attract potential buyers. Spruce up your landscaping and make your home’s front view as appealing as possible, and you’ll show your home to more potential buyers.
- Correct Appearance Deficiencies – No home is perfect in appearance, but prospective buyers are quick to notice flaws. Both inside and outside your home, you can clean up, paint, repair, and upgrade your home to minimize appearance issues. After evaluating your home, your listing agent will give you suggestions for affordable ways to make your home look its best and appeal to potential homebuyers.
- Consider Making Upgrades – In many cases, the value of your home can be increased by upgrades. Adding an egress window to the basement, for example, increases the living space in your home. Replacing outdated fixtures and finishes can increase your home’s value more than the upgrade costs.
- A Clean Home Is a Home that Sells – Inside and outside your home, cleanliness is a great selling point. Power washing your home’s exterior, along with porches and walks can add to your selling price. Indoors, cleaning carpets, windows and walls, along with eliminating odors and stains should be high priority tasks. A fresh coat of paint, too, helps give your home that well-scrubbed, sparkling look that convinces homebuyers to make an offer.
- Prepare Your Home for Showings – When prospective buyers come to your home for a showing, they are looking at your home’s potential to be their next home. Before the initial showing, de-cluttering the home and minimizing the amount of personal effects helps them to see the home as theirs instead of yours. Pack up and store belongings in preparation for your move, and stage the home in a way that lets the potential buyers visualize the home’s potential. Less is definitely more when it comes to presenting your home to buyers.
Maximize Your Home Selling Price in Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
When your home goes on the market, the price it sells for is dependent on a number of factors. Along with the tips above, choosing the right Real Estate Broker and Realtor to list and market your home can make a big difference. At our results-oriented REMAX Realty team in the Minneapolis St. Paul area, our proven history and talented agents, along with our proven marketing system, can help you maximize your selling price.
When you list your home with us, we immediately go to work on the job of selling your home at its best market value. We will work with you to find qualified, motivated buyers for your home and to assure you of a timely sale and closing at the best possible price. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your home. We’ll show you how we can help throughout the process, from initial listing to a successful closing.