St. Paul Downtown Condos for Sale
Condominium living in St. Paul’s downtown area is different from that in Minneapolis. While Minneapolis has seen many new, high-rise condo buildings in recent years, St. Paul’s downtown condominium developments are primarily in existing buildings. St. Paul condo living is growing in popularity. Local businesses are springing up to support that trend, along with the existing bar, dining, and entertainment venues.
- Union Depot Condominiums – The Union Depot building is a hot property today. After languishing for decades, its conversion into a transportation hub, hosting the new light rail line, Amtrak, and metro transit, along with the upcoming St. Paul Saints baseball stadium, has changed all that. 33 two-level condominium units now offer downtown living in this historic building. Availability of homes varies from time to time, but with prices in the $200-300,000 range, vacant units don’t last long on the market. 20-foot ceilings, open floor plans, skylights and more are popular features. An active nightlife, dining and entertainment possibilities, along with connections to the skyway system and transportation to anywhere in the metro area entice new owners.
- The Pointe of St. Paul Condominiums – One of the few high-rise condos in the downtown area, The Pointe was originally an apartment building, but was converted to condominiums in 2003, after extensive remodeling. An extensive list of amenities, plus riverview and sunrise view, offer pleasant living in this moderately priced tower. With most units selling under $200,000, The Pointe provides affordable living in the heart of the city. These compact units come in 1 and 2 bedroom versions, and some have balconies overlooking the river. Parking facilities, high-speed elevators, and a wide range of dining and shopping opportunities combine to make this building a popular home. Units are almost always available and ready to occupy.
- The Airye Condominiums – Making up the top 19 floors of the beautiful Jackson Tower in Galtier Plaza on 6th St. in the downtown, spectacular views are just one of the attractions of these condos in one of the city’s tallest buildings. Comprising only 101 units, some of which have entire walls of windows, Airye units range from the mid $200s to the upper six figures in price. Views include the Minneapolis skyline, the Mississippi River and more. Dedicated parking stalls, and instant access to downtown’s amenities make condos in The Airye highly sought after, with available units selling quickly. If high-rise living in the heart of downtown St. Paul is your goal, The Airye is your destination. Contact the urban condo specialists at our REMAX Realty team for showings of available homes in The Airye.
- Great Northern Lofts – Built in 1887, the Great Northern building on Kellogg Avenue in the city’s booming Lowertown district was converted into 53 expansive condominium lofts in 2000. With concrete barrel vault ceilings, arched windows, and a grand entrance that will impress even the most jaded visitor, its units have open layouts and are beautifully finished. With a median price close to $300,000, available units are rarely on the market, and are highly desirable. Top floor units include rooftop patios, and dedicated parking is included in ownership. Hardwood floors, exposed brick and stone, and other finishes add to the charm and uniqueness of these desirable properties. Contact Minnesota’s top REMAX team for showings of available units or to have our dedicated REMAX Realtors watch for opportunities in the Great Northern for you.
- MarketHouse Loft Condominiums – The 58 loft condominiums in this converted warehouse were the first loft conversion condos in St. Paul. The original developers considered storage to be a prime feature for loft dwelling units, so these lofts are loaded with closets, elevated bedrooms with storage beneath them and more. A central atrium is a major feature, and most units sell for the low $200s or below. Remaining industrial features are part of the charm, as are spiral staircases to bedroom lofts and more. With owners adding their own features, each loft unit is unique. Skyline and river views add to the building’s charm. Vacant units are not frequently on the market, so a careful watch for new opportunities will reward patient homebuyers. Call a condo specialist at our REMAX Realty team to discuss your plans and let us help you find a St. Paul downtown condominium or loft to fit your criteria.
At our cutting-edge REMAX Realty team, we follow St. Paul’s growing loft and condominium market, and constantly track availability of properties for our growing list of urban clients. If you’re ready to join the movement to urban downtown living, contact us to learn about available units in the popular buildings listed below and others in Minnesota’s state capitol.
Condo & Loft Living in the Downtown of St. Paul, MN
Desirable condo and loft homes in the downtown area are in high demand, but are available at attractive pricing. Rely on a dedicated Realtor from our proven team to help you find the exact property that is a perfect fit for you when it hits the market.
In the buildings listed above or in any interesting properties, we’re your best bet to find what you’re looking for. Use our powerful real estate listings search to find currently available units listed by Northstar MLS MN. You can have one of our licensed Realtors do a complete MLS search for you. We can show you virtually any unit on the market and will work with you to find the right home at the right price.