Rent vs Buy a Home
Owning the home you live in has always been considered the American Dream. Becoming a property owner has proven to be a long-term strategy to build wealth. Over time, an investment in real property retains its value and appreciates over the long term. Paying rent every month simply can’t build long term value for anyone but the landlord. Today, with mortgage interest rates still near historic lows, and with home prices still below the peak prices of 2006-2007, buying a home in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area can be the best decision you can make for your future.
Tony DAgostino – Tony grew up in St. Anthony and currently resides in Blaine with his wife Amy and their son Jack. Tony has had a passion for Real Estate ever since he purchased his first home in 2000. Since obtaining his Real Estate license, Tony has had the privilege of helping hundreds of buyers and sellers turn their dreams into reality. Tony specializes in buying and selling residential Real Estate. He also enjoys working with investors. Communication, Commitment and Knowledge have been the keys to success for Tony. He feels buying or selling a home is the biggest investment a person will make and he is going to be there every step of the way to ensure a smooth transaction. Phone 612-636-0854
As the Twin Cities #1 REMAX real estate team, we’d love to help you find and purchase a home and start building your own wealth, instead of building wealth for your landlord. Here are 10 great reasons to buy a home in today’s real estate market:
- Build Equity in Your Home Each Month – Unlike with rent, part of your monthly mortgage payment goes to build equity in your home. After interest is paid each month, the rest of the mortgage payment goes toward paying the principal of the loan. As time passes, more and more each month pays off principal. That’s your money.
- Save on Taxes through Home Ownership – The interest on your home mortgage is a tax deduction on your federal income tax. So are the property taxes you pay. In addition, you get state tax benefits from home ownership.
- A Home Mortgage Is a Great Savings Plan – The principle portion of your mortgage payment acts just like a savings account for you. Over the term of the mortgage, your growing equity represents the money you have saved.
- Appreciation Increases Your Equity Wealth – Over decades, home values have always risen in the long term. As the value of your home goes up, your equity, along with your home’s value, becomes real wealth for you.
- Improvements to Your Home Add to Its Equity Value – Any improvements you make to your home increase its value, adding to your equity in that home. If you’re handy, you can make many of those improvements yourself, paying yourself for your hard work. In the meantime, you’ll enjoy the improvements.
- Enjoy Pride of Ownership – Owning your own home truly gives you and your family a sense of pride and stability. That benefit of home ownership is more important than many people think. It contributes to your overall well-being.
- You Won’t Be Evicted from Your Own Home – As long as you pay your mortgage and property taxes, you cannot be evicted from the place you live. That’s not true when you rent, since many things can force you to move.
- First-Time Homebuyers Have Unique Advantages – Special programs designed to help homebuyers can make home ownership even easier. Ask your agent with our REMAX Realty team about programs designed for you.
- The Sooner You Buy, the Sooner You Benefit – If you have a stable income and a good credit history, you can probably buy your own home right now. In many cases, programs are available to assist you, even if you don’t have a huge down payment available. Ask your REMAX Realtor about these.
Helping First-Time Homebuyers Achieve Their Goals
The Realtors and agents with Minnesota’s top REMAX Realty Team have a special interest in helping people buy homes for themselves so they can stop paying rent. From our free seminars for first-time homebuyers to our dedication to assisting homebuyers from the beginning of their search to a successful closing, we’ll work closely with you on your schedule and at your pace. We’d love to meet you and help you achieve your own American Dream.