Twin Cities New Construction Homes
Throughout the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area, new home construction is on the upswing. From individual homes on vacant properties throughout the Twin Cities to new home developments built by Minnesota’s top homebuilders, buying a brand-new home is easier than ever. At our top-rated REMAX team, we are always ready to helping buyers interested in new construction homes find exactly the home they want and to guide them through the complex process.
Derek Walgrave – Derek grew up in Luverne MN and moved to the Twin Cities after graduating with his Bachelor of Science degree and his Masters in Kinesiology. After moving to the Twin Cities, Derek started a career in real estate and has never looked back. He believes the most important aspect of being real estate professional is providing his clients, with honesty, integrity, and hard work. Derek is licensed as a real estate broker and has had a wide range of experiences in real estate. His experiences include marketing and selling homes, short sale negotiations, first-time homebuyers, real estate investments, cash flow analysis, commercial marketing and sales, and international development and resorts. Phone 612-850-2119
Whether you’re planning to build a custom, architect designed home or looking for a new home in a planned development, one of our experienced REMAX Realtors or agents who are Northstar MLS members can help make your search and purchase successful, without the many pitfalls that can occur.
Find Newly Built Homes in Minnesota
When it comes to new construction homes, buyers often think the only option is to visit the model home in a new development and discuss their plans with the salespeople. They’ll offer you financing options, show you many options you can build into your new home, and give you an overview of the building process. The reality is that their goal is to sell you a home at the best possible advantage for the developer.
Some of the ways you benefit from representation by a professional, licensed team Realtor or agent when you’re looking at newly-constructed homes include:
- Assistance in Evaluating Pricing – While the price quoted to you by the developer’s sales staff may seem like a great deal, unless you know the current housing market, you may not have all of the facts. Your Realtor has intimate knowledge of the current market and can help you evaluate pricing and can assist in negotiating the most advantageous price and terms.
- Comparisons with Other Builders – The presentation you may get from a builder’s sales staff won’t mention homes in other developments. Our seasoned Northstar MLS agent members work constantly to stay current on the entire housing market in the Twin Cities metro area. Your buyer’s agent will be happy to help you compare new homes in one development with homes in other developments. Our goal is always to help you find the right home at the right price.
- Knowledge of Builders – There are many developers building homes in the Minneapolis St. Paul area, but all developers and builders are not the same. The agents who specialize in new construction have the extensive experience you need to evaluate and understand the differences between developers.
- Assistance with Choosing Financing – Most home builders have relationships with a lender and will try to guide you to financing your home purchase through their selected lender. Will that lead to the best possible mortgage and the lowest APR? It might, but you can rely on your buyer’s agent to know the current mortgage environment and help you evaluate the builder’s financing options.
- Selling Your Current Home – In most cases, you’ll be selling your current home when you buy a new one. When you work with us, you can take advantage of our top-performing marketing and sales organization to get top dollar for your current home. That helps to make your new home purchase smoother and more economical. If the developer offers to buy your existing home, think twice.
- Getting the Right Information – As your buyer’s agent, an experienced Realtor is bound to always work to your advantage. Although he or she cannot offer you legal advice, your agent can point out pitfalls, explain HOA disclosures, and help you understand every aspect of your transaction. Your agent can also assist you in all negotiations and help make the entire transaction, from initial purchase agreement to closing go smoothly.
- REMAX Custom Home Building Assistance – If your plans are to build a custom, or architect-designed home on vacant property you purchase, count on your Realtor to help you at every stage. We can help you find an ideal building site, find a proven builder, and assist you with all aspects of building your dream home.
Hiring an experienced, creative REMAX Realtor from our team can mean achieving your goals while obtaining a more advantageous deal all around. Best of all, your buyers agent will be paid through commissions from the seller, not by you.
We Specialize in New Construction Homes in Minneapolis St. Paul
When a brand-new home is your choice, making a call to discuss your plans with a experienced Realtor in our top team is your best move. As your buyer’s agent, we’ll listen to your ideas, show you a wide range of options you may not have considered, and help you through the entire process. The seller pays our commission, but as a buyer’s agent, your trusted REMAX agent is always working in your best interest. Contact us as soon as you are thinking seriously about buying a newly-constructed home and let us show you how we can make your purchase a great experience from beginning to end.