What to Know When Buying Vacant Lots in Minnesota
The experienced agents with our Minneapolis St. Paul REMAX Realty team are always excited to help homebuyers locate a building site for their custom home. It’s a great way for buyers to get exactly the home they want. From scarce vacant lots in Minneapolis or St. Paul to acreage in our many spacious suburban and rural communities, finding just the right land can be time-consuming and requires careful planning.
Bill Ebert – Bill grew up in Eau Claire, WI, oldest of four siblings, moved to Twin Cities to develop a career as a multi-store operations manager within the restaurant field for 20+ years. Bill settled down in Hudson, WI closer to his home town to start his own business as a developer of innovative laser measuring prototypes. Having a strong background in many fields has brought a full scope of what customer service and communication really mean. With the support of Re/Max Advantage Plus & The Minnesota Real Estate Team, be it your first or forever home, we offer the resources needed, in this evolving and intense market for your future success. Bill is licensed in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Phone 651-276-9396
Many factors come into play when choosing a building site. The tips below will help you get started in your search for properties listed by members of the Northstar MLS of MN:
- Search for Building Sites – As a broker member of the Northstar MLS, our MN REMAX team is able to provide a powerful real estate listings search tool. Using it, you can find vacant properties listed with participants in the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Northstar MLS of MN. Any of the Realtors or agents with our REMAX team can contact the seller’s agents for any property you find that interests you and arrange a convenient showing.
- Pick The Right Location – Finding the right location is a top priority for any home purchase, and is crucial when choosing a building site. In our property search engine, you’ll be able to set options to search by county, city, school district or body of water, to narrow your search to communities and areas that meet your needs.
- Evaluate The Neighborhood – For most homebuyers looking at vacant land and lots, driving by the location lets them see its surroundings and evaluate the location. It’s a great way to save time by eliminating properties that are unsuitable for your plans.
- Consult Your Builder – Not every building site is suitable for every home design. It’s important to work with your architect and builder early for any home site you are considering. They’ll be able to advise you about the suitability of any property for the home you have in mind and help you understand the requirements your planned home will need. For example, if the home will have a walkout lower level, you’ll need a building site with a slope that accommodates that feature.
- Rely on Your Buyer’s Agent – Choosing an experienced licensed Realtor or agent to be your buyer’s agent can be a great help. At no cost to you in most cases, since agents are compensated through seller’s commissions, your buyer’s agent can assist you in many ways. With an extensive knowledge of the communities that interest you, your agent can configure customized searches of MLS listings, since licensed Realtors and agents have unlimited access to Northstar MLS of MN data.
Real Estate Agents Specializing in Vacant Land and Lots
As soon as you begin thinking about building a custom home in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area or anywhere in Minnesota, putting an experienced, creative Realtor or agent from our top-ranked Minnesota REMAX Realty team to work for you is a great idea. Our agents have unmatched knowledge of Minnesota real estate, plus the technological tools and determination needed to help you throughout the process.
With their unlimited access to the Northstar MLS of MN and their dedication to customer service, they’ll assist you with your property search and help you with negotiations and the purchase of a building site that is ideal for your home building project. Contact us today to get started.